With human beings extra focused on wellbeing and nutrients in recent times, hobby in a plant-based total weight loss program is hotter than ever. one smooth way to get in on the trend: pair summertime produce with simple elements like pecans for a dish the whole own family will experience.
Pecans are a versatile aspect and are evidently candy with a rich and crunchy texture. as every one-ounce serving of the nuts offers three grams of fiber and protein, crucial vitamins, minerals, and heart-wholesome blessings, pecans also happen toBe one of the tastiest methods to elevate the nutrients of any recipe.
In reality, in step with u.s. meals and drug administration, clinical proof indicates but does not show, that consuming 1.five oz. consistent with day of most nuts – which includes pecans – as part of a weight-loss plan low in saturated fats and LDL cholesterol may also lessen the hazard of a coronary heart ailment. a one-ounce serving of pecans has 18g unsaturated fats and best 2g saturated fats.
Upload a sweet and nutritious crunch to this Mediterranean pecan pasta salad, or switch meat for grilled cauliflower steaks with nutty and nutritious pecan pesto.
Mediterranean Pecan Pasta Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
1/4 cup salt
12 ounces pasta
4 cups radicchio, sliced
1 cup halved marinated olives
1/2 cup marinated artichoke, bite-size pieces
1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup pecan pieces
3/4 cup chopped parsley or mint
6 ounces feta cheese
1 orange, sliced
2 cups chopped spinach
Lemon vinaigrette and fresh cracked pepper (optional)
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil with 1/4 cup of salt. When water is boiling, add in pasta, and cook about 10 minutes. When pasta is cooked, set aside.
2. In a large, clear bowl, layer half the radicchio, and half of the olives, artichoke, and tomato on top. Next, add half the pasta, 1/2 cup of pecans, half of the parsley, 3 ounces of feta, and the orange slices.
3. Add the spinach, then repeat layering with the radicchio, olives, artichoke, tomato, pasta, pecans, parsley, feta, and orange.
4. If using dressing, add after layering is complete.
5. Add fresh pepper and refrigerate before serving.
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Pecan Basil Pesto
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 heads of cauliflower, cut into 8 1-inch cauliflower steaks
1 tablespoon pecan, avocado or olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the pesto:
2 cups fresh basil
1/4 cup raw pecan halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup pecan or olive oil
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat, about 375 to 400 degrees F.
2. Brush sides of cauliflower steaks with oil and add salt and pepper.
3. Grill each side of the steak for 4 minutes.
4. Remove from grill and let rest.
5. Make the pesto: in a food processor, pulse the basil, raw pecans, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon zest until finely chopped. Add olive oil and blend.
6. Transfer pesto to a bowl and add parmesan cheese.
7. To serve, top cauliflower steaks with pesto.